Oct 19th, 2023
About the job
Octave combines deep data with profound empathy to supercharge our comprehensive approach to improving outcomes in neurodegenerative diseases, starting with Multiple Sclerosis. Our team of data scientists, biologists, clinicians and technologists are bringing their A-game to creating the next generation of clinical care solutions.
Using human-tech services we partner with people with Multiple Sclerosis (PwMS) and those who care for them to understand and act upon the complexities and subtleties they deal with every day. Our platform of apps, sensors and wearables, cutting edge imaging technologies, and novel biomarkers provide the data that feed into structured analytical data models aimed at improving care management decisions to create better patient outcomes at lower costs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career opening and get to know Octave.
As a Neuroscience Account Executive, you will actively develop and grow the business within the focused market of neurology and ‘Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence.’ Account Executive is to meet established sales goals by delivering real value to our customers. The Account Executive will need very high functional skills, as well as proven leadership skills. The Account Executive will need to be a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree of customer focus.
The Neuroscience Account Executive will report to the Area Business Manager and perform the following job duties in this field-based role:
● Identify, develop, and manage commercial relationships with key opinion leaders in neurology and specifically those who manage Multiple Sclerosis, particularly those clinicians at Centers of Excellence as well as other key healthcare professionals
● Identify and capitalize on commercial opportunities for growth within a specific geography – including the traditional out-patient practices, institutions, physician groups, local MS chapters, etc.
● Manage full lifecycle of the product sales process, including new business development and lead generation via programs and other initiatives
● Collaborate with the marketing, medical, product and customer success teams on the sales cycle progression, key learnings, and innovative ideas that surface
● Develop and implement account strategies and sales plans to achieve and/or exceed quota targets.
● Anticipate and mitigate prospect/client challenges through proactive engagement methodologies.
● Attend local trade shows, industry conferences and networking events
● Stay current on industry and marketplace trends in the areas of neurology, multiple sclerosis, and care management platforms
Characteristics and Qualifications Preferred
● You are a passionate and self-driven individual who projects trust and credibility and can perform strategically as well as navigate a fast-paced and unexplored startup environment
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 5+ years of neurology / diagnostic sales / specialty pharmaceuticals / imaging sales experience. A breadth of experience across these disciplines is highly desirable
● Neurology and/or MS experience strongly preferred
● Proven track record of success as demonstrated by consistent high ranking over 3+ years, achievement awards, etc.
● Ability to understand and present technical and/or scientific concepts and material clearly and effectively
● Demonstrated experience in developing and managing commercial relationships with physicians, physician practices, patient advocacy groups and key opinion leaders
● Good sense of workflow issues, particularly those impacting physicians
● Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience required
● Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with all levels/layers, internally and externally
● Strong presentation skills
● An excellent listener
● Good sense of humor
● Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
● Team oriented with a low ego or no ego
● Strong work ethic with a drive to get things done
● Resourceful, hands on, fearless and results oriented
● Mission driven, passionate about the patient
● Demonstrated flexibility, innovation, and self-motivation
● Product launch experience preferred
● Valid Driver’s License
● Ability to travel within a large territory as needed based on business demands requiring a reasonable percentage of travel time
Successful candidates may be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
We are doing great things that allow us to bring everything we know and all our experience to the mission. We are smart, fun, and thrive on bringing out the best in each other. We have a balanced and flexible working environment. The Octave office is located in Menlo Park surrounded by life science innovators (e.g. Grail) and tech innovators (e.g Meta). Our space is newly built to our specifications, open, with a vintage factory vibe, and well-appointed, with free drinks and snacks. World class gym 100 feet away with a pool. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
At Octave, we believe in providing exceptional compensation packages for exceptional work. We are intentional about benchmarking our compensation against current market rates, and providing continued opportunity for advancement within the organization.
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Octave, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $130,000-$140,000 per year base with a commission structure on top of that. Please note that the compensation details listed in posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.