Jul 13th, 2023
About the job
Octave is a purpose-driven company that aims to improve outcomes and quality of life for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, starting with Multiple Sclerosis. Using a combination of human expertise and innovative technology, we partner with people with Multiple Sclerosis (PwMS) to understand and act upon the complexities and subtleties they deal with every day. Our comprehensive solution of MS specific imaging technologies, novel biomarkers, apps, and sensors/wearables provide the data that feed into structured analytical data models aimed at improving care management decisions to create better patient outcomes at lower costs.
The MRI Insights program uses the best of technology to extract clinically valuable data from MRIs of the brain and spine to deliver an objective, quantitative, trustworthy, and actionable MRI report. The Neuroradiologist – Clinical MS Specialist will be responsible for the clinical interpretation of brain and spine MRIs, incorporating standardized and advanced imaging sequences, as well as quantitative and evidence-based data, to formulate insightful reports to improve quality of care and positively impact patient outcomes.
Description of the Role:
● Primary responsibility is to interpret radiological images of the brain and spine using advanced imaging sequences and quantitative measures from cutting-edge imaging algorithms to provide exquisite patient care
● Use Neuroradiology expertise to advise and build relationships with MS Specialty Clinicians
● Become licensed to practice in multiple states with assistance from a licensing company sponsored by Octave
● Provide feedback and medical insights to improve Octave tools and solutions
● Collaborate with a team of successful entrepreneurs, scientists and clinicians dedicated to providing the highest quality care to patients with MS
● Opportunity to interact with leaders in medicine and industry, participate in research, and present at national conferences as desired
● Full time preferred, Part-time available, Remote available
Qualifications & Experience:
● MD, DO, or MD/PhD
● You are a Board-Certified Radiologist with 1+ year of Neuroradiology fellowship training and a Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology
● You have experience with interpreting the imaging of neurodegenerative disorders including Multiple Sclerosis
● You can or can quickly learn to integrate quantitative and AI software tools in your clinical interpretations
● You have excellent writing and presentation skills
● You are proactive, responsive, an excellent communicator and a team player
● You are a passionate and self-driven individual who projects trust and credibility
At Octave, we believe in providing exceptional compensation packages for exceptional work. We are intentional about benchmarking our compensation against current market rates, and providing continued opportunity for advancement within the organization.
The compensation range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. Our compensaiton ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Octave, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
Pay range in United States: Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Base salary: $250/hr – $350/hr
Octave is focused on bringing innovation and added value to the Multiple Sclerosis space. We build our teams with charismatic, passionate people who strive for excellence in everything they do – leveraging historic experiences and a desire to learn to aid our mission – To power the art of medicine with scientific insights to change the paradigm of care in multiple sclerosis (MS).
We have a balanced and flexible working environment. The Octave office is located in Menlo Park surrounded by life science innovators (e.g. Grail) and tech innovators (e.g Facebook). Our space is newly built to our specifications, open, with a vintage factory vibe, and well-appointed, with free drinks and snacks. World class gym 100 feet away with a pool. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans as well as a 401k plan. Close to many commute options. Remote work available.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.