Join our growing team.
We are looking for people who can think on their feet and thrive in a dynamic environment. We are a lean team, which will provide opportunities to work side by side with our senior leadership. Your impact will be felt immediately! We enjoy coming to work each day to move the mission forward using the latest tools and techniques. Join us and be part of a clinical technology platform that is both meaningful and impactful.
Octave is developing a first of its kind platform for measuring and managing neurodegenerative diseases to better outcomes. We are starting with multiple sclerosis. Using human-tech services we will partner with people with multiple sclerosis to understand and act upon the complexities and subtleties they deal with every day.
The Head of Product – Patient Insights will believe in the power of this program and lead in its creation. They will go deep and broad to develop a data driven, mission focused program that will change lives for the better.
The role will be responsible for both building and leading a high-performing team, and also delivering a crisp data narrative around our customers and product usage. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a dedication to making the highest impact possible. Empathy for the person living with a chronic disease is paramount. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a dynamic environment. We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to work side by side with our senior leadership team. Your impact will be felt immediately! We enjoy coming to work each day to move the mission forward using the latest tools and techniques. Come help build a clinical technology platform that is both meaningful and impactful.
Description of the role:
- Develops and champions the product vision for the customer, knowing that in healthcare the “customer” can be the patient, the physician, the payor or all three at once.
- Laser focus on what creates value
- Develops product roadmap with understanding of how products and services will relieve pain points and get paid for taking into account evidence-based medicine/technology/legal/business/regulatory landscapes
- Implements against this roadmap, always finds a way through, giving up is not an option
- Integrates with the rest of the platform for a comprehensive solution
- Adapts, creates, innovates, responds
- Finds the right balance between engineering, design, UX and business goals ensuring the entire experience works well together
- Communicates, communicates, communicates
- You are a passionate and self-driven individual who projects trust and credibility and is able to perform strategically as well as navigate a fast-paced and unexplored environment such as a start-up.
- You have gone through the scaling process before and know what it’s like to go from 20 people to 100.
- You have led product development for a major project, and you know how to relentlessly identify value maximizing features and act quickly without full information.
- You have built and managed your own product team, and you know how to elicit high performance from every team member.
- Ability to clearly articulate decisions & the problems they are solving
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies
- You have a basic understanding of the regulatory environment, FDA/sub-FDA routes, quality assurance, chronic management protocols etc.
- Solid portfolio of work exemplifying beautifully designed product & customer experiences.
- Strong familiarity with agile and latest product management tools and frameworks
- Deep knowledge of multiple sclerosis disease management
- MS, MBA or PhD
- 8+ years experience creating digital product experiences across multiple platforms
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense
- Demonstrated track record of bringing order to chaos and leading without authority
You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution right away defining and developing a 1.0 product. Collaborate closely with others like you who have a bias for action.
Use data to build usable products that will build trust and generate revenue. Balanced and flexible working environment. The Octave office is located in Menlo Park surrounded by life science innovators (e.g. Grail) and tech innovators (e.g Facebook). Our space is newly built to our specifications, open, with a vintage factory vibe, and well-appointed, with free drinks and snacks. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans. World class gym 20 feet away with pool. Close to many commute options.
Octave is developing a first in class measurement and care management platform for neurodegenerative diseases, starting with multiple sclerosis. Using state of the art 3D visualization, AI and ML we will enhance the most important imaging tool in the neurologist’s armamentarium, the MRI image of the brain and spine. These expertly read images will join with the exquisitely structured data coming from Octave’s other measurement data feeds to provide critical information at the time and place of patient-provider decision making. The Head of Product – MRI Insights has the opportunity to build this program from the ground up so must understand what this “business” should look like, what the use cases are. This role will be product focused as well as need an understanding of MR technology and payment models for this type of service.
Description of role:
Understand in-depth the landscape of MR Imaging technology and services. Build the business by knowing acutely what the pain points are for Advanced Care Providers who are treating patients with neurodegenerative diseases and by developing end-to-end solutions to these problems. Work with the technical team as the voice of the customer to craft a solution set and product road map that comprehensively addresses the current pain points in an economically sustainable way. Build the external partnerships and collaborations to bring this service offering to life. Define and implement a go to market plan that includes regulatory considerations. Drive the pricing, reimbursement and payment approach.
- Knows MR hardware and saoftware technology in-depth
- 10+ years of experience in the MRI, CT industry
- Has insights into disease specific applications and clinical use cases
- Have proven experience building a service business
- Experience with bringing new technologies to large center settings.
- Has worked with a cross-disciplinary team to develop cutting edge technical solutions
- Track record of brilliant execution and measurable deliverables
- BS/BA in biomedical engineering, clinical science, biomedical sciences, MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passionate about the mission of transforming outcomes
- An innovator by nature who sees new possibilities and paradigms
- Has strong business skills based on a solid technical foundation
- Empathy and understanding for clinical needs
- Leads by example, is tenacious, resilient, and committed to creating value
San Francisco Bay Area based
Octave is developing a Care Partner program to assist providers with caring for people living with multiple sclerosis (MS). Most of what a person living with MS experiences happens outside of the office visit. Octave hopes to lessen the burden of managing the disease both for the person living with it as well as those providing care by providing support in between office visits. By doing this, Octave hopes to improve outcomes for all involved. We are looking for our pioneer Manager of the Care Partner Program to be the lead in developing this program. It is a balance of clinical knowledge, organizational skills, business acumen, employee engagement, and compassion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As part of Octave team develop the Care Partner Program so that it meets the needs of all stakeholders
- Craft the on-going strategy of the program based on continuous learning from the market
- Work with Centers of Excellence to bring the Care Partner Program on-board
- As part of Octave team co-create tools used by people living with MS to manage their disease
- As part of Octave team co-create tools used by Care Partners to care for people living with MS.
- Be the first Care Partner as a way to learn what the program needs and test and refine tools
- Create organizational structure and hiring plan for Care Partner team
- Manage team and program on an on-going basis
The Manager of the Care Partner Program would ideally have:
- Built a team/program/organization from the ground up
- 5 years clinical experience preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Industry experience outside of a provider setting a huge plus
- Worked with injectable medications for chronic diseases
- Home healthcare experience
- Teaching/training experience recommended
- Education Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license in good standing
- Must possess a current license issued by a state or states or jurisdiction within the United States and be unrestricted in any state.
- MS-certified healthcare professional
- Bachelor’s degree required, MPH a plus
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Strong organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Feels comfortable routinely interacting with Advanced Care Practitioners (ACPs), pharmacies, and health insurance providers in a professional context
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective use of technology and computer-based software and documentation systems
- Good at managing multiple tasks
- Can readily assimilate new information
- Must be a US citizen or have an active green card
- Must be willing to work full-time
- Schedule is flexible to the needs of the position